Trust Me On This!

Books are my life...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Love Like That cont.



So I finished this book quite a while ago... but I do have to tell you what I thought about it.

This is a book about a gal in her mid 20s, Dalton (or Doll). She is dating one guy in a long distance relationship, but sleeping with another on the side. When her long distance beau proposes, she of course says "yes", but what is she to do about her fling. I don;t know if I would call it a fling though, since it has been going on for quite sometime... and both parties seem to be interested. This is a struggle to determine what kind of life she wants, as well as figure out who she really is before she can make any real decisions.

For the most part, I thought it was cute...but predictable. I guess in relationship-type books there really is no surprising me anymore. I could see what happened a mile away.

However, to the writer's credit, I think she did infuse some interesting/funny characters into the mix. Doll's two roomates are great comic foils to Doll's serious storyline.

Eh... it was a bit of a yawner, but I'm not saying I regret reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home