Trust Me On This!

Books are my life...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Dumping Billy Cont.



I finished this book the other day. I really did enjoy it. Yes there were some predictable parts, but overall it was a very cute and funny story about a girl who is looking to fall in love in all the wrong places, but ends up falling when she least expects it.

These types of stories gives me that little tingle in my stomach and keeps me hopeful for my future. I think I'm a lot like the main character, Kate. She has accomplished a lot, but still has these expectations of what life should be like.

I think at times the author tried a little too hard to use a diverse vocabulary. I almost got the impression that her motives for using complicated words was to trick the reader (and critics) into believe this was not Chick Lit, it was something more. Unfortunately that trick was not successful. This is chick lit for sure, but I still think it is good chick lit.

I think it would make a cute movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home